6-week Pre-sessional (Portfolio)
BRIT Language Centre is an Approved Learning Partner of Heriot-Watt University and will be running their 6-week Pre-sessional Portfolio course in Bangkok. The course programme and outcomes are identical to those of the course run at Heriot-Watt University’s Edinburgh Campus.
If you are close to meeting or you have met the English condition for your degree, this very intensive course can top up your language proficiency and raise your awareness of the way you will be expected to study in English.
Before you study a degree programme, you can take a pre-sessional Academic English course to build your confidence in English and develop the study strategies to enable you to perform to the best of your ability on your degree.
Achieving the required in your assessments enables you to progress to your degree. Successful progression to progrmmes in various universities.
This year we will be running two intakes for our 6-week Pre-sessional courses in Bangkok.
Dates and fees
Portfoilio Course Intake 1
Start date: Tuesday 5 May 2020
End date: Friday 19 June 2020
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 28 April 2020
Portfolio Course Intake 2
Start date: Tuesday 7 July 2020
End date: Friday 21 August 2020
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 30 June 2020
- Undergraduate entry level IELTS 5.5 with no skill lower than 5.0
- Postgraduate entry level IELTS 5.5 with no skill lower than 5.5
- MSc Translating and Interpreting unconditional offer for the postgraduate degree
The ratio of examination to coursework is 45:55. You are required to achieve a mark of 50% overall for the combined coursework and exam components in order to be recommended to proceed to your degree studies at Heriot-Watt University.
Assessment for the Portfolio Pre-Sessional course is:
- Four practice writing tasks, which will be peer-reviewed with teacher feedback;
- an annotated bibliography to show that you can collect and evaluate sources in your subject area;
- a lecture investigation which involves working in a group to lead a seminar discussion;
- a reflective statement to show your awareness of what you have learned in the course;
- Timed formal exams in reading for writing and listening;
- a poster interaction presenting an academic perspective on a topic.
How to apply
Please fill in the form.
To apply, please contact info@BRIT-IELTS.com