6-week Pre-sessional (Portfolio)
BRIT Language Centre is an Approved Learning Partner of Heriot-Watt University and will be running their 6-week Pre-sessional Portfolio course in Bangkok. The course programme and outcomes are identical to those of the course run at Heriot-Watt University’s Edinburgh Campus.
If you are close to meeting or you have met the English condition for your degree, this very intensive course can top up your language proficiency and raise your awareness of the way you will be expected to study in English.
Before you study a degree programme, you can take a pre-sessional Academic English course to build your confidence in English and develop the study strategies to enable you to perform to the best of your ability on your degree.
Achieving the required in your assessments enables you to progress to your degree. Successful progression to progrmmes in various universities.
Dates and fees
Start date: Monday 9 July 2018
End date: Friday 24 August 2018
Deadline for applications: Friday 29 June 2018
Fee: £2,150 (£537.50 discount from your Heriot-Watt degree)
- Undergraduate entry level IELTS 5.5 with no skill lower than 5.0
- Postgraduate entry level IELTS 5.5 with no skill lower than 5.5
The ratio of examination to coursework is 45:55. You are required to achieve a mark of 50% overall for the combined coursework and exam components in order to be recommended to proceed to your degree studies at Heriot-Watt University.
Assessment for the Portfolio Pre-Sessional course is:
- Four practice writing tasks, which will be peer-reviewed with teacher feedback;
- an annotated bibliography to show that you can collect and evaluate sources in your subject area;
- a lecture investigation which involves working in a group to lead a seminar discussion;
- a reflective statement to show your awareness of what you have learned in the course;
- Timed formal exams in reading for writing and listening;
- a poster interaction presenting an academic perspective on a topic.
How to apply
Please fill in the form.
To apply, please contact info@BRIT-IELTS.com